Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - what happened to the search page? (Joyful??)

Posted by celticmoon (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 23, 05 at 23:43

Tonight I am getting a different home page and I cannot see some of the forums I was used to seeing and reading , like "retirement". Are they gone, or amI looking in the wrong place?

I'm asking you Joyeful, because I notice you get around ;-) and I'm figuring you can figure this out...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - what happened to the search page? (Joyful??)

They aren't gone, but they are harder then heck to find. I will probably be visiting less

o

THey changed the page around and it's harder to find stuff. Check the link. The 'Retirement' forum is under 'Finances'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forums Page

o

I don't like the new look either, where's the car forum & wedding forum?

o

Cars are under Miscellany.
Wedding is under family.

Just scroll... it's all there.
Personally I like the new look....

o

Too bad "Retirement" is under "Finances", as some would like to use it for general retirement issues, I think, but feel that they should only discuss financial stuff when it's located as it is - as it was previously.

When I log on, I write ths.gardenweb.com/forums/saving and it takes me right to that forum's list of thread subjects.

I can go to "Household Finances" by clicking on that subject near the top of the "Money Saving Tips" page, then click on "Other Forums" near the top left of "Household Finance" base page to see the list of other topics.

It took me a few visits before I found all of the stuff that I wanted.

Hope you can navigae fairly effectively.

Remember the Second World War song,

"You'll get used to it, you'll get used to it,
It's gravy in the Navy - you'll get used to it,

When the ..... (certain military officials) do ....
..... (whatever happens).......

It was rather a fun-filled song.

If you have a kid (grandkid?) who knows how to access all of those old radio programs (back well before TV), songs, etc., I'm sure s/he can find it for you.

ole joyful

o

I kept getting a blank page. I then googled "that home site" and clicked on the garden web link. It took me right to the main page. I wonder why it was changed?

I notice less traffic, I think lots of people are getting a blank page and figure the site is down.

o

I don't like that when I click on a forum, the color doesn't change on the main page like it used to. That made it so much easier to find the forums I read regularly.

o

WOWwww...it has changed completely since my last visit...Confusing, but it's just like anything else, "Practice Makes Perfect" (that doesn't mean I like it...)

I'm always up for 'challenge'...

o

It'll work out, folks - don't get your shirt-tails tied into knots.

There are more important things to worry about!

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here