SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbey_cny

Debt Repayment Program Question

abbey_cny
17 years ago

About 15 years ago I was in debt up to my eyeballs due to STUPID behavior on my part, I must confess. I went to Consumer Credit Counseling for assistance. They were great. Helped me work out a budget, contacted my creditors and got my interest rate reduced etc. I paid everyone off (I felt so good) and rebuilt my credit. All is well with me. However, a co=worker has confided in me her similar debt problems. I shared what I had done, and recommended CCC to her. Before she called CCC she heard an advertisement for Debt Repayment of America (I think that is what it is called) who supposedly guarantees they can get your credit card bills reduced by 50% or more due to secret credit card programs they know about that the credit card companies don't want you to know about. It sounds fishy to me, and just the fact that your aren't paying off your bills in full seems to me would tarnish your credit even further. However, I know nothing about this organization and my only experience has been with CCC. So is anyone familiar with this Debt Repayment Program of America? Any good or bad information about them? I would like to steer my co-workers in the right direction, and right now she is seeing the debt repayment company as a quicker fix than CCC. She needs an organization to arrange her repayments for her, she is not the type of person to contact the credit card companies themselves and try to work out a plan (I suggested that also) so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Abbey

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz