SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graywings123

Why is AmEx pushing this?

graywings123
14 years ago

I called American Express today hoping to track down a sales receipt from a few months ago. The guy on the other end of the line spent a lot of time trying to talk me into agreeing to an option for an extended payment plan for purchases over $100.

He segwayed into it by commenting on how many points I had acquired over the years, how many tickets I could buy to cross the country, then quickly explained the program and that I would get 2,500 AmEx points for signing on. Then he started quickly reading the "fine print" with the interest rate and such. I, meanwhile, was looking to politely end the conversation since I was focused on the problem I had called about in the first place, and told him that. He kept trying to get me to agree to this. I finally just said no.

My question is: why is AmEx trying so hard to get me on board with this? Does it have to do with the new credit card rules coming into effect? If I correctly understand my AmEx plan now, I have to pay it in full each month, which I do.

Comments (29)