SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Wills,homes,life insurance,etc questions

debbiep_gw
15 years ago

Hi,I have a few concerns and would like to ask a few questions.We bought and sold a house in 2007.The house is in my husbands name only.We used a Va loan to get the house.At this time we don't have a will but plan to get one soon.We have only a small amount of life insurance,not enough to pay it off should he die of natural causes.We do have accidental death life insurance that is enough to cover it should he die accidently.I don't believe he can get more life insurance without it costing a lot as he has a few of the conditions that are always on the forms that they ask do you have.I have no job outside of the home and have no training for a job either.I only worked outside the home for a year/half in the last 33 years and then it was in a fast food resturant.I'm 50 and hes 53 and while our health is not to bad I have started thinking about the future should he go before me.I guess my question is can you leave a house to your spouse that is in your name only and not paid for in your will?If I'm even able to make the house payment will the house loan stay in the husbands name,I'm assuming the banks aren't going to loan a middle age person with no job and only a small amount of credit to get a loan in their name right?By the way the home won't be payed for in our lifetime I'm guessing.Its a 30 year mortage.Theres no way to pay more on the loan either.We live on Va disability and a very low paying state job.We are in the low income bracket,we live frugally.We have what we need though!I'm thinking I'm doomed should he go before me.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions