Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medicare for 2013

Posted by cmarlin20 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 10:10

In general, if one chooses to keep the same medicare plan for 2013 do they need to do anything, will the same plan continue for 2013.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medicare for 2013

Yes, the same plan will continue.

o

Thanks - do nothing is good.

o

Well, you might want to take advantage of a free SHIP or HICAP service to see if another plan might be better for you this coming year. Plans change all the time, and what might have been good last year might not be as good for next year. Your state's office of Aging will have info.

o

I know it is the best plan, it is the only PPO available. I am able to check all that out online, but am out of the country for some time so I don't have any mailing I might have received from the carrier and am unable to respond to any mailing until after the deadline. I won't be back in the USA until Christmas. It is actually for my DH, but I do the insurance shopping.

o

At least we got the idea out to other people who may be lurking.

I'd worry a little if I could;t get a mailing from your carrier, tho. Suppose they dd send you something important? But no, your insurance will stay the same.

FWIW, in this area, a couple of years ago the only PPO plan pulled out entirely, leaving many people scrambling.

o

If I thought it was important I can have my son go to my house, but he'd need to look through lots of mail, so I don't want to bother him.
I've tried to stop all the junk mail, but somehow I always have lots of mail to sort through.

o

Does anyone know how much the monthly Medicare premium will be in 2013?

o

I've read the Plan B is proposed to change from $99 per month for most seniors to $106, but I haven't read a confirmation that this is the actual change. Has anyone gotten an actual confirmation of the charge?

o

I've used www.medicare.gov to compare plans.

DH and I will re-up for our same Medigap (supplementary), and I will continue with my United Health Care Part D, but DH's drugs are a little cheaper by changing his Part D from a Blue Cross plan to a Caremark 'Silver Script' plan.

I dread having to do these plan comparisons every year!

o

I don't think they've said yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here