SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Opinions please

hilltop_gw
18 years ago

I keep books for our business out of our home. We farm & live in an area where most everyone knows everyone else. Last year we made a first-time purchase from a local seed sales rep ($5000 worth) with free delayed financing through the parent company and no benefit for paying cash up front which we usually do on everything. Initially we got a postcard indicating the quantity of item purchased with no $ amount listed. In mid-June we received the bill (due Dec. 1) in the mail with an additional $14000 in product and charges listed. We called the local rep & asked about it & he said he wanted to take full advantage of the parent company's delayed financing for his clients so he used part of our unused quota and let others put it on the account. He also said we shouldn't have even gotten a copy of that bill and should just ignore it because he'd pay it when it came due. I was angry, didn't like it, we immediately paid our portion of the bill in full & told him to get the balance paid. Fast forward 6 months, we got another bill that the balance on the account is due Dec. 1. We called the local sales rep, told him to get it paid--we're hoping & pretty confident he will, but this is WRONG. I want to call the parent company & say it's identity theft. He's using our credit for the benefit of others, and we face the risk if it doesn't get paid. If something happened to the sales rep, or the true purchasers didn't pay up, ultimately we'd be responsible. We can indirectly prove we didn't use the product because we have receipts from other seed purchases, plus employees/others could verify our side; however, ultimately it's our word against his. Am I irrational and over-reacting & should calm down? We'll never do business with him again but I think the parent company should know as it cost them any of our future business. I should mention the sales rep stopped by the other day when I was gone & hubby handed him over all of the paperwork we had regarding the situation. I want to call & ask the company to fax me a copy. What steps would you take--on one hand I can ignore it on the other extreme get him in big trouble.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions
More Discussions