Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Dreamgarden

Posted by qdognj (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 25, 08 at 9:11

Something that might further your cause..Now please excuse me as i continue my search for a suitable cave,lol...

RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA
Tue Nov 25 2008 09:04:22 ET

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Dreamgarden

Whew! Good thing our governor was born in Canada, maybe we'll get first consideration.

I spent the last 8 years wishing I was in a position to defect to Canada, maybe I won't even have to leave home to do that!

Oh Canada, Our Home and Native Land
True Patriot Love in all our Sons' Command
With Glowing Hearts We See Thee Rise
The True North, Strong and Free
From Far and Wide
Oh Canada, We Stand On Guard For Thee!

See, we have hockey and so we know the anthem already.
All of the US Original Six cities should be annexed, in my opinion.

Ole' Joyful, what do you think? You want some company?

o

I like the idea of giving Alaska back to the Russians, but only on condition they take Sarah Palin as part of the deal. With her foul mouth, the Russians would put her in the slammer in 5 minutes.

o

There are organizations in the Southwest whose movement has been to annex this part of the country back to Mexico.

That's been going on for quite some time and given the illegal immigrant population of this part of the country, it could happen.

What puzzles me is why our government has allowed these organizations to continue to operate and grow in this country.

o

>>given the illegal immigrant population of this part of the country<<

And just how do you think they would accomplish this?

Vote? Illegal immigrants can't vote.

Annexation by force? Don't make me fall off my chair laughing. The National Guard could beat up the Mexican army, let alone the real US Army. A single detachment of SEALS could probably blaze a path straight through to Mexico City without stopping for breath.

Now, beating up the Mexican drug Mafia might be a bit more difficult, but still not impossible...but they're not stupid enough to want to annex a customer. Why be bothered with petty details of government administration when the misguided War on Drugs creates built-in profit margins?

For as long as Texas was annexed by the US, there has been incoherent talk by separatists who either wanted it back with Mexico or to remain as a free state outside the US. It is no different than the Alaska Separatist Party - you know, the one Sarah Palin's husband belongs to!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here