Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'BBB' has meant 'Better Business Bureau' ... and now, also ...

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 15, 08 at 4:39

"Broke Bankers' Bailout".

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'BBB' has meant 'Better Business Bureau' ... and now, also ..

joyfulguy - I just waved my magic wand - you're now a bank - now you can get in line too.

o

Hi turning into age,

Thank you, thank you. You are so kind!

Trouble is ... I fear thatI couldn't qualify.

One has to be well known ... well connected.

And making a few million a year ... quite a few!

It was a nice thought ... while it lasted!

ole joyful

o

The BBB is a joke. The BBB encourages and solicits money from the very businesses they monitor! How is this supposed to be beneficial to the consumer?

All you need to do to become a BBB member and get that very impressive, overrated BBB plaque, is to call the BBB and tell them you want to be a member. You can tell the BBB anything you want about yourself, ...they will never check it out. That's correct! They never check it out. All that BBB plaque means is, they paid their dues. (Period)

The BBB is not run by the government, but they do a lot of business with the FTC " at least that's what I hear. They are a non-profit, charity organization known as a 501(c)(3). This means that whatever money you donate to their cause is tax-deductible. The money that you donate is supposed to go into programs and charitable causes. The organization is supposed to report their income, report their board of directors, report about their programs, and so on. This information appears on IRS form 990.

One final irony: if you have a complaint against the Better Business Bureau, you can't file it with the Better Business Bureau. And just as Groucho Marx once quipped that he would never join a club that would have him as a member, the Better Business Bureau is not a member of its own organization.

Maybe it's all a big joke?

Too bad the banker BS bailout wasn't......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here