SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fejones_gw

living estate

fejones
13 years ago

Please anyone!!!

My grandmother

Has a living estate, where she put her son/and common law wifes' name on her deed! ok, no problem, till here recently. This greedy x-con, physically hurt her, we got a VPO on him, I now have POA, she is in a rehab currently. She asked my husband and I to change the locks, right after this happened...we did. Now we can not get in because he broke in and changed the locks, and put up a no trespassing sign, even sent me a "implied" threatening text. We have even called adult protective services for help, the police say they can not get them for breaking in because their name is on the deed!

I am unable to pay for an attorney to fight them, I really don't care if he got the house, But he shouldn't get it till she dies. SO greedy!!!

What about her rights, she paid for the house, and to have something like this happen to you at 90 yrs old is just sad. And please do not misunderstand, she had been doing water aerobics 2 times a week up till about 6 weeks ago, very independent and doing fine! I have been keeping everything documented and dated. even calling the judges PA, for advice and help, and still seem to get no where.

Never Never sign your home as a living estate, this just shows what can happen. Get a Will!

How can he legally get away with this, and it not be burglary, or breaking an entry I dont know!

But I just dont see how he can try to also take "steal" her personal property not mistaken for the "real property"

Please anyone?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions