SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marial1214

Spa Deal gone Bad--Anyone know my rights?

marial1214
14 years ago

Bought a used spa for 4,000 at what we thought was a reputable dealer. It gets delivered and two months later it is still leaking like a sieve. I was told that it was 2 yrs old, the brain has a 2007 date on it. Let's see that equals 7 yrs. I was told it was sound. The repair men came out 3 times already and the leaks are still present. As far as we're concerned, we appear to be in installation mode since it's not yet repaired to be 'sound.' They upgraded our warranty from 2 yrs to 5 yrs to make ammends but they cannot locate and fix the leaks, after 3 visits.

We asked for our money back this morning. Now they say I bought a used spa and a used spa is exactly that....used. AS IS. Yet they told me it was SOUND on sales day. Now doesnt that sound like misrepresentation to steal our money during this awful recession? To be sound, doesnt a hot tub have to hold its water? Duh.

State: New Jersey.

Will disclose the seller after I figure out what we have rights to do. They refused to give us our cash back. They are now trying to upsell us into a 6,000 model.

Does anyone have a comment?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions