SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

Extended appliance warranty question

jessyf
13 years ago

This isn't a hill I'm willing to die on, but I'd like opinions. We have enough strong arms in the house for next time.

2003 we bought an Advantium Speed Cooker - like a very heavy microwave oven. I bought, for grins, an extended warranty that has paid for itself after the turntable post broke. I extended the warranty.

It is a built in unit, made for over the range or in a cabinet, NOT countertop.

The magnetron broke - and long story short, according the EW people, WE are responsible for removing/replacing the oven, and its a two man job which they won't authorize. Would cost us $75 for a second guy. Two hours of phone calls got us nowhere and for now we will take it down and put it up ourselves. They claim their paperwork says one thing and we say the other. I'm running into a wall of customer no-service.

Question - for NEXT time - how should I proceed to tell them that OUR paperwork makes no mention of 'customer responsibility to make the unit available to work on' and have them do the right thing? EW is 'Service Protection Advantage', I think our orignal plan was sold.

Like I said, for $75, this isn't a huge deal. Just curious if there is a way to get 'em.

THANKS to all.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions