SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Totally unreal finance charge

hilltop_gw
14 years ago

I always (ALWAYS) pay my credit card in full every month. Last month a government agency billed me via regular mail $18 for employee driver reports which I paid via check. The office maintains a CC on file for backup but they also billed my credit card so I called the gov agency & told them to remove the charge. I thought they were going to remove the CC charge but they decided to just give me credit on my account. Anyway I'd already deducted the $18 from my credit card bill when I paid it. BIG mistake.

Since I didn't pay my CC balance in full, today I have a $16.79 finance charge. I called CC company and they said I'd also have a 2nd finance charge for next month because it fell into two billing cycles. What a CROCK!!! $33.58 in finance charges on an $18 charge that I had already paid. After 30 years with the CC company and no late payments I was furious. They did agree to remove all finance charges but I can't imagine what it would be like if a person wasn't able to pay the balance in full regularly.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions