Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheapest checks?

Posted by xminion (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 20:53

Greetings everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with purchasing checks that weren't through the bank? I use to see inserts in the Sunday paper for companies that printed them - but not lately. Would like the cheapest!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheapest checks?

The cheapest I've found are Walmart.

o

Are you a Costco member? They have checks, too.

o

I often buy those $2.99 checks in the newpaper inserts. But last time I was looking for new checks I found that there are places that will print a photo on them, so I spent closer to $12.

o

I've bought checks from Current years ago. They were pretty cheap, and I had no problems with them.

Now I bank with a Credit Union that provides me with free checks. They provide free online banking, too, which I use for paying most bills now.

Online bill-paying is pretty great, and saves $$ on postage, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Current

o

I also used (and liked) Current,
but recently switched to a checking account with free checks and free online banking.

o

Great ideas all! For years I got them free but times (banks) change.

o

The cheapest checks IMHO are with using online bill payer, which either pays by electronic check or a paper check that the bank prints and mails for you. Saves postage too.

We use that for 90+% of the checks we write; we also have a box of paper checks that we use when we must hand a physical check to someone. We probably write only 2-3 paper checks per month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here