Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who Are Mtg Electronic Registration Systems

Posted by winker (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 21, 06 at 19:22

I received a Satisfaction of Mortgage by Corporation today regarding a mortgage dated 11/10/04 that was supposedly released in December of 2005. That would be sort of a long time to send a satisfaction all this time later. What is this? Who are they? I read something on the internet about them (also known as MERS) and somehow mortgage companies use them to sign their mortgage/satisfaction paperwork for them. I just don't quite know about this?

Anyone can give me any information??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who Are Mtg Electronic Registration Systems

Did you pay off a mortgage last year? I hope the satisfaction of mortgage was recorded at your county recorder. You can keep the satifaction paper but if its recorded and the address and legal of your property is correct, it doesn't matter. Did you refinance the house topay off the old mortgage?
Somebody paid off a mortgage which I held today and the paperwork is a pain, so I can see that a bank would pay somebody to do it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here