SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Looking for sympathy

jannie
17 years ago

That says it all. In the last two weeks we spent over $3000 on car repairs. DH knocked the side view mirror off my car, his car broke down and needed a tow and a plate replaced in the manual transmission, we had bought a used car for our daughter as a reward for graduating high school,it needed a new battery,fluids replaced and AC fixed. Yeah,the total for all 3 was about $3K. When I complained to a friend, he said it was probably "a good investment", "You can't even buy a decent used car these days for three grand". Well, the 3 are all fixed and running,at least for now. Then yesterday we got a tax bill from the state (NY) saying I miscalculated my last years taxes and owe over $600 in taxes plus about $300 in penalty and interest. Another $919 gone from our bank account. Why does financial bad luck always hit you all at once? Reminds me of the old superstition, bad luck comes in threes. The really bad part is,DH and I are both disabled,on pensions ,unable to get jobs to earn extra money, and definitely "living on a fixed income". All toether now, lets have a pity party . . .

Comments (9)