Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piggyback Refi

Posted by muddbelly (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 1, 07 at 15:43

Do the "new rules" of mortgage finance allow a borrower with a piggyback ARM to refi the 1st (main) while leaving the 2nd intact? Lets say they have top tier credit, and the main is less than 80%.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piggyback Refi

Fat,dumb, and happy in "paid for" land, I haven't the vaguest notion what you're talking about. And that scares me...

I'm, "all ears".

o

Hi Muddbelly,

Do the "new rules" of mortgage finance allow a borrower with a piggyback ARM to refi the 1st (main) while leaving the 2nd intact?

Sure! You'd be asking the holder of the 2nd (subordinate) lien to re-subordinate to a replacement senior lien.

Not exactly "done all the time" but I've definitely done my share of resubordinations.

The thing is... in MOST cases, when you really analyze the financials, it makes better sense to roll the old 2nd into the new 1st entirely, OR run a new 1st to the 80% level, and cap it with a new 2nd.

Good analysis BEFORE proceeding is the key.

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Strategic Equity & Mortgage Planner

o

Thanks Dave,

That's probably good news for many. I mistakenly thought 100% refis were not obtainable anymore - even with good credit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here