SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
etznab

moving cars across country

etznab
13 years ago

I have a 13 old Toyota Corrolla and my husband has a 12 year old Honda Civic. We are the original owners of these cars and they have been maintained well and are generally trouble free.

We are now moving across the country and not sure what to do about the cars. There is no way either one of us is driving these cars ourselves across the country. I hate driving long distances; 3 hours is my absolute maximum, followed by a long recovery period. I spoke to one vehicle moving company and they wanted about $2,000 to haul them. I'm waiting to get other quotes.

Assuming the quotes are in the same ballpark, does it even make sense to spend that much money to transport such old cars? While they haven't yet required any significant repairs, I'm sure those are coming.

My new job offers a generous monthly car allowance, so I could afford to buy one new car. I might even be "forced" to buy a new car anyway, since I don't think my employer would appreciate the image of me coming to work in a clunker. They have already put me in touch with their local car dealership I tried to negotiate a higher relocation package instead of the car allowance with no luck. But even if I do buy a new car for myself, there is still the issue of a car for my husband.

Suggestions?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area