SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rollinridge

Mortgage Pmt mistake that's taking on a life of it's own!

rollinridge
17 years ago

I am being bounced back and forth from my bank and mortgage company for a mistake I made but seems can't be stopped.

OK-will try to explain.

I requested an electronic payment for my mortgage last week but incorrectly put bank acount #1 instead of bank account #2 (different banks). I didn't realize this until I went online Friday am and saw a rejected transfer with the nsf fee on bank #1. I immediately called mortgage company to ask what to do. She said once the payment has been requested she can't "stop" it and it could try up to 3 times so to call my bank. I then did an electronic payment with the correct bank to get my payment in. (BTW this was Friday the 15th so I NEEDED to get this in on time and she said she's waive a late fee).

Called my bank (main branch) and they said that it might've only been presented the one time but if it happened again to sign a ach revoke form.

Monday the money was taken from the correct bank as requested.

Tuesday - another try at bank #1 with another nsf fee. I called the bank again to find out exactly what to do. Then I called the mortgage company to have it on record that I am still having the problem. They show I've paid 2x - apparently my bank hasn't had them send back the funds. So we 3 wayed with the bank and again bank said to do the ach revoke thing.

Stop at my local branch - they don't know what's going on. Then tell me if I fill out the ach revoke I will NEVER be able to pay my mortgage company electronically. Don't want that to happen. So to do a stop payment. But that will mean I will NEVER be able to aske for that exact amount of money. Then they want a stop payment fee. But they won't return 1 of the nsf fees so I said forget it. This is getting ridiculous! I'll take my chances on another $20 nsf fee.

So now I wake up worrying because today my DH SS check is deposited and there will be enough $$ in that acct but I DON'T want them to take it. (I've already got most of that on e-payments for other bills).

HELP!!! All I see are bounced bounced bounced. This has never happened in my life. When you write a check and get a nsf it's a one time thing. Why is this not stopping? Is ther anything I can do?

thanks

RA

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions