Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transunion credit report question

Posted by debbieinmiami (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 25, 06 at 21:58

I requested my free annual credit reports, and Transunion was the only one who didn't provide it via computer. They said I needed to provide additional information and via mail asked me for proof of my address, which I sent. Then they asked for proof of Social Security, I sent that. THEN they asked for proof of Social Security AGAIN! By this time I was quite disturbed, called them and talked with two people. The first was no help. The 2nd asked if I "had another name" I gave them my maiden name, but didn't think about saying my middle name and they didn't ask WHAT type of name (first, last etc.). I just decided to send another form of proof of SS# and low & behold, I have a 3rd request for proof of SS#!

I of course will call on Monday, and this time I will ask for a supervisor. I do understand they are trying to protect identities etc., but I can't even get a straight answer as to what they need or why this is happening!

Any ideas or has anyone gone through this? The other reports were fine and I do not have any signs of fraud with my name else where (that I know of).

Any advice would be appreciated! THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transunion credit report question

How frustrating! I'd continue to call them and pursue it. After sending them proof of Social Security once, I'd have stopped. But if they make you send it a 3rd time I'd do it by certified return receipt mail and ask them what happened to the other 2 submissions and who had access to it.

I just requested my free annual credit report online from Transunion & Equifax. With Transunion I had a terrible time filling in the necessary information to verify who I was before getting the actual report.

Good luck in your endeavor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here