Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Budget lodging near Legoland???

Posted by mcook (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 5, 06 at 20:25

My sister-in-law, her husband & their 4 kids are visiting Legoland next week from out of town. They are looking for budget lodging near Legoland.
Anyone has any suggestion on that?

Thanks in advance!!!

sincerely,
mcook

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Budget lodging near Legoland???

I just noticed your post - guess they're there by now???

Well, was going to suggest maybe a campground with a tent (or two). (Or, hide the kids in car, get a cheap hotel for two adults, bring air mattresses or sleeping bags, & make sure the kids are QUIET! LOL!)

Well, it's probably too little too late.

My son graduated from a "tourist trap, college town" several years ago. His graduation was going to be in June, and as it happened, it was the same weekend of "Fathers' Day", AND all schools were out - people getting early start on vacations.

I did research on internet (new to me at the time), and got the free maps/books from auto club.

I found NO hotels for less than $200.00 per night, and most were booked anyway!

I did some local shopping, and found an 8' x 8' tent for $50, TWO sleeping bags for $20 each, a "queen sized" air mattress with a foot pump for about $30 or $40, and a cmaping lantern for about $20 or so...

Anyway, I spent just under $200 on "gear", found a very nice campground @ about $11.00 per night.

We spent 5 nights / 6 days there for about $500.00. That INCLUDED GASOLINE in the car for an approximate 1400 mile trip (plus the extra wandering we did along the way), PLUS, we STILL HAVE now a tent, sleeping bags, camp lantern...

I took old bed sheets, blankets, pillows, towels...(I can't throw ANYTHING away - LOL!)

We had a wonderful time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here