Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone been laid-off? Or had been laid-off but found a job?

Posted by kakelly (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 15, 09 at 19:06

Hi - I'm a new member. My husband was laid off 6 weeks ago. He is 57 years old - a lot of stress around here! Just trying to take a pulse - is anyone else out there dealing with this? How are you managing? I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually found a job. I think I'm just looking for a ray of hope. We're in the Boston area.

Thanks so much, Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone been laid-off? Or had been laid-off but found a

Yes, we have been talking about it in the thread linked below.

You can search the forum from the page that lists the titles of the threads. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the search box.

Welcome!

One resource my friend uses for lower cost food is Angel Food Ministries. You pay $30 and get a big box of food. Around Boston, there are churches in Roxbury, Brockton, Woburn, and Jamaica Plains that participate in the program. Learn more at AngelFoodMinistries.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Husband Laid Off thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here