Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Single ETFs that are balanced?

Posted by behaviorkelton (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 07 at 17:08

Is anyone aware of iShares or ETFs that do a good job of offering a nice balanced diversification?
I'm seeking 70%Total Stock, 20%international, and maybe some bonds.
it would be nice to do it with one "buy".

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Single ETFs that are balanced?

Why does it have to be an ETF? And why does it have to be just one? You could, for example, buy as much as you feel appropriate of VTI, VEU, and BND and get whatever asset mix you want. But for every investor who wants 20% international, there will be another one who wants 25%, and another one who wants 30%, and so on.

o

Well, here's the deal.
I have an online bank/brokerage. Using this, I can see my entire account online and I like that. However, it's $10 per trade and the available funds either have a high fee or a high cost per trade.
So instead of having to pay two or more fees because I have to buy multiple funds, I was hoping to find a single fund or ETF.

It appears that I will just use a separate Vanguard account... not too bad... but I liked the idea of seeing all of my accounts on one web page.

o

I have my IRA at Vanguard and my 401(k) at Fidelity. I have set things up so that Vanguard periodically logs into the Fidelity website and retrieves my account information from there. Accordingly, I can display all of my accounts at Vanguard.

o

I'll look into that. I love Vanguard, but didn't know about that feature.

So is this available to anyone with a Vanguard account?...or just Vanguard Brokerage accounts.

o

I have a brokerage account there, so I don't know for certain--but I think it's available to any Vanguard customer. See the attached link for details.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to link other accounts to Vanguard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here