Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Construction loan - second closing

Posted by nycefarm (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 03 at 16:16

Just sitting here worrying about when we finish the house we are building, if we need to go through ALL the grief (paperwork) we had when closing on the construction loan. They obviously looked at all statements and assets then, my question is will they look at all this again?

They based my eligibility (partially) on cash accounts around $50,000. Now I have had a couple unforseen building expenses and wanted to use some of it to pay (which is why I had it stashed in the first place) Contigency money I think it is called.

The construction loan is supposed to "convert" when the house is finished. Not supposed to be a "second" closing.
Any replies appreciated,
Thanks, Val

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Construction loan - second closing

Hi Val,
A) If you did a "one close" construction-to-perm combo, then you'll have no further scrutiny,
B) If NOT, then I still wouldn't worry too much... that "contingency money" is required EXACTLY for the reasons you found you needed it ;~) That's the plan!

Sounds like you ought to be fine!
Dave Donhoff
Just some mortgage guy ;~)

o

Dave Donhoff, S.R. (Stress Reducer)

ole joyful

o

Thank you!
Val

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here