SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zone_8grandma

Met with financial planner yesterday (retirement)

zone_8grandma
16 years ago

I met with our CFP yesterday to discuss DH's pending retirement. He asked for all the usual documents (pension estimate, SS Pebe statement, 401K allocation, and my own figures for our expenses, income). I'm really glad that he got me started three years ago to carefully tracking our spending - I was able to give him very accurate information.

He ran it all through the Monte Carlo simulator and the results were pretty comfortable - yes, DH can retire as planned (he plans to retire next Feb)

I'm also glad we took his advice and moved before rather than after retiring.

We talked about the market, the need for a long term view, the fact that before DH can roll over his 401K, he will need to liquidate it - he can't roll over the mutual funds.

It's pretty scary to think about the primary breadwinner retiring; and I'm glad we've been working with this guy (and taking his advice). He commented on the fact that DH is able to retire at a relatively young age (59) and attributed it to realistic expectations, having a pension, AND contributing the max to his 401K all these years.

Comments (42)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions