SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Problem: 400 lbs meat, 90 degr. heat, power blackout

joyfulguy
20 years ago

I wrote of this issue on "Money Savings Tips" thread, won't reiterate here but made a number of observations regarding the recent (Thursday, Aug 14 but still current for some as of Mon. Aug 18) power blackout that affected some 50 million in the north-east.

Ontario's asking many non-essential govt employees (no snide comments, please) to stay home for a few days, business and industry to cut regular consumption by about 50% and householders to shut down every non-essential power using system during the next week, while the shut down generators are being returned slowly to service.

When our national broadcaster asked Thursday night on a province-wide phone-in where we were sharing ideas, to turn off every non-essential appliance, to reduce risky surge when power came back on, I thought water heater not essential but no switch - so pulled fuses.

Still not replaced. Shaved in fairly hot water Sat. morn. Haven't bathed since (Mon. noon) so I must smell by now - but I live alone (keep my distance when I go out).

Someone please tell the Times Sqaure guys to turn off their signs for a few days??!!

joyful guy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions