SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckeye1_gw

Am I alone?

buckeye1
17 years ago

Just to give you some background I am married with two children (3 and 6 years old).

We recently sold a 4 bedroom 3000 sq ft single family home on 3/4 of an acrea to move to a very upscale townhouse community. Our new townhouse is 3 bedrooms with approx 2400 sq ft of living space with ammenities such as a swimming pool, a club house with a billiards room, a very large entertainment area with a big screen tv, full size kitchen etc.... with a full gym on the ground floor. We do have a small backyard that we are able to fence in if we so choose.

Friends and family think we should not have moved but I love the slightly smaller place with no maintanence (outside) issues, a swimming pool that I don't have to clean, a gym, very close knit community, and with less mortgage, taxes, gas and electric payments I put a whole lot more in the bank for today and down the road and take better and longer vacations. The downside is definately smaller living space.

Is there any one else out there that has downsized like this with children? Are you thinking about downsizing? If so I would like to hear your experiences and whether you have regretted it or not.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions