Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Work from Home Opportunities

Posted by bouchard8600 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 07 at 10:56

I have recently been researching various work form home opportunities online, and Wow! is it ever mind boggiling!!! I seem to find all kinds of info about not getting caught up in scams, but how do I know what is reliable?? Has anybody been in the same boat as me? I am looking for advice on where and how to start from anyone who has tried to work from home. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Work from Home Opportunities

If they ask YOU for money, it is a scam.
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

o

Good Morning America recently (within the last 3 months) did a series on work at home opportunities. I'd check their web site. There was lots of good advice.

o

A few legitimate ones that I can think of right away are: assembling (sewing) stuffed toys or clothing for companies that do this.
Medical transcriptionist....typing up reports for insurance companies. IDX (major medical software supplier) was running courses in New England that were paid for by the unemployment depts. of the states. You have to work, but have the potential to make $20,000-$30,000 per year at home.

In home care for various State Depts.....take in a foster child or an adult that needs care. Many states pay $20,000-$30,000 per year per person. This is a full time job, they live in your house. I have a relative taking care of two older people who are a little simple minded. Making about $50,000 per year.
I'm sure there are other jobs that aren't rip offs.

o

Some large corporations allows you to work from home to save overhead costs. You may also want to check out airline companies. Continental Airline allows you to work as making reservations from the comfort of your home.

Good luck and best wishes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here