Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sparksals - question

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 07 at 5:33

Sparksals - several months ago in a different post you mentioned a TSP forum.
Can you give me that information? Is it by invitiation only? My TSP has once again taken a beating, I really need to start watching it - but that only works if I'm watching it with some idea of what to do.
Thanks,
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sparksals - question

It's a group on yahoo. I tried posting the exact link the last time, but gardenweb wouldn't allow it. If you go to yahoo groups, search TSP_Strategy and the group should come up. Just so you know, the group owner is a little abrupt and can be grouchy sometimes, but she knows her stuff.

o

I was sort of assuming that "TSP" didn't mean "teaspoon".

Thanks for the message, sparksals ... I use Yahoo, but haven't happened upon that portion of it.

ole joyful

o

TSP = Thrift Savings Plan aka the 401K for Federal Govt Employees.

o

Thanks.

Our tax-deferred retirement systems operate differently, I guess.

Most financial advisers here recommend that every wage-earner should have them, but there are several disadvantages that they don't talk much about.

I have one that was drawn down some when I was on reduced income for a time, a few years ago.

But it does pay me a nice annual cheque, currently - and has for upwards of 10 years.

Good wishes to you and yours.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here