SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

This all this financial mess makes me sick!

phoggie
15 years ago

I am a retired 66 year old female and "thought" that I had my finances in order....although I don't have much, I can not afford to lose it!!

Every time I check my accounts, I get physically ill...and it just makes me want to cash out everything and put it under my mattress....but then, the darned house would probably burn!

I have an annuity that I have had for years...and had told myself when the market reached 14,000, I would cash it, pay the taxes.....but like the naive person I am, I listened to my stockbroker and stayed in....now I see it falling and kick myself every day for not following my gut~~

I also have mutual funds and although they are down a lot, I hope they will regain. I have money in the money market account that is just "sitting and waiting for a better day", but now the thought of not being insured worries me.

Some in CDs, but wish I had put more in than I have...seems to be the best and most safe place right now.

Everyone says, "It will come back...it always has"...that might be okay for someone younger, but I might now have that much time left to wait.

Any words of advice.....right now I just have this knot in my stomach and pain in my neck! I have a house that I want to sell, but NOTHING in our town is selling....over supply of houses and no buyers~~

Thanks for letting me vent!! But your thoughts and advice is welcome.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA