SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisonwal

Credit Issue that doesn't seem to get resolved

lisonwal
15 years ago

I have a credit card owned since 2001 and have been making payments every month although at times, I would be 5-14 days late. This card is currently open and has a balance of about $3000 and my APR increased 7 months ago from 16% to 29%.

Long story short: The company that I initially got the card from was recently purchased by Bank of America. Since this transfer, BOA has claimed that I did not send four months of payments. What makes it weird is that I pay them through my BANK OF AMERICA checking account bill pay feature. Same company! I had BOA bill pay department contact and fax my credit card company proof of payment on three occasions within 7 months but every time it seems that I'm getting a step closer to resolving the issue, it seems that I'm back to square one, with the credit card company insisting that I did not make the payment. This has been going on for 7 months now and the problem still isn't resolved.

What makes this whole situation worse is that my credit is not very good. I am able to pay my bills comfortably but because of procrastination and other bad personal habits, I have about four or five negative marks on my credit report. Out of those five, there are two collections for amounts between 100 and 300 dollars.

Another recent downfall: I received a letter from a credit line loan company that I have had for about 6 years but havenÂt used in 4 years. They informed me that they have closed my account due to my credit report and my late payment s with that credit card. It just so happens that this other credit line account is ALSO owned by Bank of America. So there goes another bad mark on my credit report.

I've summed up the issue as best as I could in hopes for advice on how to handle the issue. I've tried over the past seven months to contact BOA but to no avail. I call them all the time in hopes to rectify the situation. I am constantly being told that I did not pay my bill or there is no record of the conversations that I have had with the previous reps! So no matter how you look at it, I'm always starting from square one.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions