Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Job Corps-College-Collection Agency

Posted by choufleur (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 05 at 18:39

Son, who was of legal age and indigent, participated in Job Corps, a federal job training program last year. Under the program, he was enrolled in a few classes at a local community college. After son completed the program and left the area for the military, he began receiving letters from a collection agency. Son and I sent letters and emails to the college and Job Corps but the entities keep pointing fingers at each other. It is not clear why son owes the money since Job Corps was supposed to have taken care of the tuition. Besides contacting members of Congress, can anyone suggest a way of getting an explanation as to why this money is owed by son. I'd let son personally deal with this situation if I did not believe he was headed for Iraq.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Job Corps-College-Collection Agency

Have you talked to your local reprsentive? Or even your local district attorney. Also, as he is in service, the legal person in the military will help.
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here