Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ING refinance

Posted by nostalgicfarm (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 16:34

Just curious if anyone has refinanced through ING. Was it pretty easy, or did you run into problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ING refinance

At my last job, several clients financed and/or refinance home through ING. Yes it was an easy process and a good interest rate.

All of these clients had excellent credit and substantial investments.

ING does not escrow taxes & insurance (at least at the time), so be prepared that you will have to pay these on your own.

o

I believe you will soon be dealing with Capital One. They just bought ING's American business. ING, like AIG, was forced to divest some assets after being bailed out by their government.

o

While I would maybe not like Capital One, I am more concerned that now that I am approved and going through the process, that they will come back and decline us. I don't believe that the appraisal will come anywhere on the low end or below allowing me my 20% equity. Our income is also 10% more than I put on the application, so that shouldn't be an issue. Although the bonus that we put down was only this year and last year, and not on the W2 from 2 years ago. I am just paranoid that they'll come back and decline it. I guess I just have to wait a few more days....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here