SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judith_gw

There's just no getting ahead, or so it seems

Judith
20 years ago

As I have posted before, I had hoped to retire in October of this year. I didn't plan very well for retirement and didn't join the retirement plan at work until about 12 years ago and I am only contributing the minimum. So, my retirement income will be around 50% of what I am making now. I had a large dental bill of a little over $3,300 in April, so I dediced to go ahead and work until the end of Dec. Now, my car needs major repairs and my roof needs replacing do to a shoddy job done by a fellow church member who said he had a roofing business. He is long gone from the church and I am left with a leaky roof that also has that dark fungus growing on it so that it is not white anymore. I have been trying to pay off my credit cards and got them down to $172.00 but now will have to put the major car repairs on a credit card and one of my horses has developed a slowly progressing wasting disease that two vets can't figure out. So, my plans for retirement are now on hold. I need and want to retire I am tired of working. I have worked for 46 years without a break but there is always something that happens when I think I might get a head and be able to get the bills paid off. Judith

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions