SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nannygoat_gw

Problem with cash reward card

nannygoat_gw
16 years ago

I have an American Express Blue Cash card which is supposed to pay 5% back on groceries and gas and 1% on other purchases after a certain threshold has been reached. We have been using this card since last fall.

It may be coincidental, but shortly after I reached the threshold, purchases from my local commisary (military grocery story) which had previously been classified on my statement as Groceries were now being classified as AMEX purchase. Likewise, my Hess and Sheetz (mini-mart chains in this area) gas charges which were previously classified as Service Station were now not given any category at all.

For the past 2 months, we have had to call customer service at American Express and one by one get our commisary charges re-classified to Grocery. We have had varying degrees of assistance from the various customer service reps. The commisary manager says that there has been no change in the way charges are rung up and the AmEx people cannot explain why this is happening.

Any thoughts? Right now, I'm thinking I would do well to get my yearly cash back check and look for a different rewards card.

Nancy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler