SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erps_gw

Electronic Bill Payment Problem

erps
15 years ago

I just started to use Citibank website to do bill payments.

By end of June, I issued an electronic bill payment to a TV Cable company (COMCAST) in New Jersey.

However, a month later no payment has been posted into my account.

I called Citibank they told the payment has been cleared up already.

However the payee appears to be Oceanic Times Warner Cable.

When I went online to add this payee, I typed COMCAST, entered my account number, and then the system pop up "Oceanic Time Warner Cable" in Hawaii in order to make the payment faster. I thought to myself, COMCAST is a big company, and they may be chosen this location in Hawaii for electronic payments. Who knows? But if the system recommended that location, thereÂs going to be a good reason. I trusted the system and I went ahead with the payment.

Anyway, I went to the Comcast local office with a proof of payment but they didnÂt acknowledge it because they said Oceanic Time Warner Cable is a different company.

Back to Citibank, they blame on me for accepting Oceanic Times Warner Cable as COMCAST, and basically what I need to do is call Oceanic Time Warner Cable to get the money back.

I called Oceanic Time Warner Cable, but they said because I am not a customer of them, thereÂs no way to trace that payment; my name is not in their customer list, and my account number doesnÂt match their account number pattern.

How an electronic payment system could do something like this?

First, I typed COMCAST and a different company shown up.

Second, If it was a wrong company how the system deliveries a payment with wrong names and account number? ShouldnÂt the system show up an error or advice a problem with the payment?

Third, what to do in this case?

Thanks

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21
More Discussions