Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wall color with carrara and white cabinets - pls help

Posted by julia_s (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 7:18

hi all,
after much deliberation, we decided on white carrara countertops with white cabinets (ivory by legacy - more white than ivory - shaker style) for our new ktichen/dining room - removed wall between rooms. so i've been searching high and low in the philly area for a white carrara that's not too gray and not outrageously priced. so far, not such great luck. so i may decide on the carrara below...lots of gray but surprisingly i do like the movement..although nervous about how they are going to cut and lay it out. going to one last shop today to see their inventory but have a feeling the below will be our stone. so initially i wanted a warm light gray, like BM annapolis gray, and still might - i want the room to feel elegant so as not to feel too "kitcheny". but concerned that the countertops are too gray to pull off gray walls. the room will have white adjacent cabinetry on two of the walls and windows on the others. we do have two silk roman shades with a pale blue/green/gray background and embroidered flowers with tans and deep blue/greens. but not much color at all. i need to pick a paint color this weekend...which means get samples today!! the living room adjacent is BM natural wicker and the den is BM Dry Sage (which may change) also have upstair BM healing aloe, BM quite moments and BM Gray mirage...so like colors with gray in it! so i'm hoping for some suggestions!! my sister-in-law is suggesting BM AF Jute. huge thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wall color with carrara and white cabinets - pls help

umm, did you mean to post this in Kitchens?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here