SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misterofficer2006

Coming back to reality....

misterofficer2006
17 years ago

Hey folks,

I have finally checked back into reality lately and i wanted your opinions/suggestions. My wife and I dont make the best money in the world, with me making 1600 a month cleared, and her making around 1100 a month cleared. My question stems from the fact that my wife has taken over the family finances after 20 to 30+ checks from our account were bounced and returned within two months time. I know i dont keep an exceptionally tight ship, but 20 to 30 checks???? i about freaked and so did my wife! well to make a long story short, i recieved a call from our bank about two months ago... Lo' and behold, the checks that bounced, did NOT actually bounce, the bank had a audit done on this paticular branch and found the mix up. The bank was actually returning my checks to the stores as "Insufficent funds" and then paying them out of my account to boot. so then i had to pay the store/person for the second time, and then pay 27.00 a check fee to the bank for bouncing them! needless to say this got costly! anyways the bank called and advised me they would have 300 dollars in my account by the end of the day and they were sorry for the mix up which is all fine and dandy to cover the amount paid to the stores for the first time and lets not include the 500 to 800 paid in bank fees! anyways after that i realied i was not in the wrong however it did hurt my confidence to support my family and myself and handle a task such as paying bills and balancing check books etc. I am up for a promotion on October 1st is actually when i start, and i am looking at a considerable pay raise by about 2,000 more a month and i am really scared of trying to manage any real money!! what advise would you all have to offer for someone trying to comeback to reality of paying bills and being WISE with my money! i dont want to screw this one up for my sake as well as my wifes! thanks a bunch in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions