Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best credit card for us

Posted by victory_tea2085 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 19:29

We would like a reliable credit card that pays us the most on our purchases- especially gas and groceries. We always pay our card off monthly and we both (we're married) have excellent credit. We would like a card that issues the highest % in redemtion points- Thanks, Paull

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best credit card for us

Clark Howard mentions a website that has you put in your typical expenses and then tells you the type of card that would give you the best profit. Sorry don't remember the site--ANYONE? I did ours and the card we have came up as a third choice...we love our Capital One card and get a lot back per year but know there may be better ones out there.

o

I googled "best credit cards"and got Bankrate.com, which is a reputable website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bankrate.com

o

If you are able to Join Navy Fed C.U they have a cash rewards card that gives you 1% cash back on the first $1000, and 1.5% after that.

You can also get a paypal debit card. We get 1.5% cash back on all our purchase when we use it as a credit card. I like it because I don't have a credit card bill.

o

Are you near a Costco? I realize you are only 2 people (in your family), but honestly, I shop mainly costco for food and gas, and the rewards on the AmEx are Excellent (cash back--from Costco; and again from AmEx). Not to mention the savings on gas price alone because of their ability to bulk buy it (in my area, averages 15-24 cents lower per gallon than other local gas stations; even Safeway).

o

Right now we have the Blue Cash preferred card from American Express which pays us 6% at supermarkets 3% at gas stations and department stores and 1% everywhere else. Our 1st year was free but soon we will have to pay 75$ for membership. Just wondering if there was a better card. Thanks for all the replies. Paul

o

kirkhall; no, but I wish we were near a Costco- there are 3 in our family. Thanks for the reply- Paul

o

This site maybe help you find the right card for you.
I just used it to decide on the Chase Sapphire because it has no FTF, I'm living outside the USA now and would pay enormous fees for foreign transactions.

Here is a link that might be useful: nerdwallet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here