Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what should we do?

Posted by auntnete (gafoodies706@aol.com) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 19:14

My husband's company will be laying off in a few weeks. While they have assured him that he will not be in the bunch, (yeah right) he has started looking. He flys to KS for an interview this week. We are the victims of identity theft. We did not know about it for almost 2 -3 years and now are really scrambling. Our housekeeper was taking those pre approved CC and opening them. She was here to check the mail and 'screened' it before we got it. Then she wrote $6K in those checks that come in the mail on the credit cards. She kept up the payments for a while on everything then disappeared and the flood gates opened. We have filed all the necessary documents but our credit is destroyed. I know new employers check your credit, what do you think we should do? It is taking forever to go through the steps with this identity thing. Then I thought about electric companies,telephone companies what will happen? We have lived in the same place over 20 years this is a nightmare.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what should we do?

I think you can put a statement on the credit report that basically states that you are a victim of idenity theft. I'm not sure about the details. In this day and age, it's more common than you think and I'm sure if a prospective employer was told of the theft, it wouldn't stop your husband from getting the job. Hopefully others can give you more info. I wish you the best...

o
RE: what should we do?

A copy of the police report should satisfy any new employer inquiries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here