Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Money Bank-anyone have a tel # for them?

Posted by chemocurl (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 17:33

I got a letter from them today...actually a notice of why credit was refused...Someone's GROSS error somewhere.

The notice states, "Please direct any inquiries concerning this notice to the creditor whose name and address is located in the upper left hand corner.
GE Money Bank
P.O. Box 981404
El Paso, TX 79998-1404

My request was denied for the following reason... Unable to verify Social Security Number Sheesh...someone somewhere must either not be able to read or type.

The agency involved was Equifax, Atlanta GA.

I 'had' a near perfect credit score, and now this crap...I am quite disgusted and don't intend to write them, just to wait weeks and weeks for a reply if they even ever send one. I want to get this straightened out now.

Is it possible to have a 'check on my credit' deleted from my report. I know too many people just 'checking' can affect ones score.

Sue...concerned

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Money Bank-anyone have a tel # for them?

I found this number but not sure if it pertains to the card you applied for. GE Money Bank issues cards for a lot of stores so the number you need to call may depend on what store you applied to. 866-239-4362

An inquiry on your credit report may only affect your score by about 5 points. At least that's been my experience. A couple times inquiries didn't do anything to my score. You really cannot get an inquiry removed if you applied for the card. The fact that during the approval process they made a mistake doesn't matter. I've been there with that issue.

Good luck.

o

Thanks Daisy. I will try it tomorrow and post if was a good number or not. It was Lowe's that I had applied for a card with...wanting to put a new mower on one year zero interest.

It all worked out though...I bought the mower on another card, they delivered, the drive belt came off with less than a half hour of use, and I had Lowe's pick it up. I also need to check to see that they issued me a credit for the mower as well as the extended plan.

Last week was a really bad one for me all the way around.

Sue

o

The phone numbers for the Lowes branch of GE Money Bank and their credit department is 800-444-1408. A direct number for GE Money Bank is 1-866-869-4671, and hopefully they will help someone . . . anyone?

I am having about the same problem. I am on the phone with them as I type this. They approved my hubby as Primary applicant, but denied me as a joint applicant due to "Joint SSN Mismatch." I have now been on hold for 15 minutes, because I asked to speak to a supervisor. They told me they can't tell me anything about the account because I am not on the account. They want my husband to call and get the information. My husband doesn't even know my SSN#!!!

Finally a "human being" came back on the phone. After checking the application, she says there is no SSN on there for me, that apparently when it was keyed in at the store, it was omitted. This really makes me mad. I am the one that filled out the application, I am the one that signed it, and hubby just signed his name. They can't give me any information other than that. If we want a joint account, we will have to close the one we have, (losing the 12 months no interest) and reapply, or my husband can put me on as an "authorized user". This is totally crazy. They screwed up and didn't put my SSN in, but they got their hands on my credit report! I got a copy of my credit report and it shows on Experian, the one they used, had been checked on 9/3/07 by GEMB/Lowes. They should straighten out their mistakes! Not give the customers the run around.

I'm not getting anywhere. They told me they would transfer me to a Lowes Customer Service Representative, and when I said no, that I had already talked to them, she got snotty, and told me there was no way she could help me then. I have now been transferred again, and guess what! I got some guy that I am sure in in another country. Great, now he cut me off after getting my name. I'm seriously thinking about cutting up the stupid thing, melting all of the pieces together and sending it back to them. Tell them when they can find my SSN, and get their mistakes straightened out, maybe I'll pay their bill. (I already have my $500 BBQ pit! and I used it too!)

If you are seriously thinking about applying for a Lowes Credit Card, or any other card that is handled by GE Money Bank, you may want to think twice. I have read a lot of complaints online in the last couple of days about GE Money Bank Credit Cards. Just do a search for GE Money Bank, you will see.

o

WTF? Same thing just happened to me!!! So I already HAVE a GAP CARD. And Pay it off monthly. But wanted to close that for the OLD NAVY CARD b/c I pretty only shop their and wanted those specific rewards, not ones for Gap that I usually get. Therefore I applied and they send it back saying INFO INCORRECT? Oh no!!! I have my computer SET with auto fill ON! Everything is 100% accurate! So after receiving the denial, I stupidly redid the registration and NOW I got another response saying DENIAL that I did it too soon! So I called GE got transferred about a dozen times (2 hour phone call!) and got NO WHERE!!!! Sorry ma'am there is nothing I can do'...'you must have filled something out wrong' ARE THEY INSANE! If ANYONE wants to get a Class Action Lawsuit going let me know! As I will not EVER GET another GE CARD ever! SOB's!! =[

o

Though I was the OP, I ended up not doing anything further with the situation.

Here is a link that might be useful: results of better bureau Texas for GE Money Bank

o
re: oops

accidentally hit submit too quickly.

Anywho, I could get the total list to come up when I posted the URL in the Optional Link. I did get to a page though via that search that had a list of locations. The Head Quarters was shown to be in OH, and the link in the post above will take you to that.

Below is a link to the BBB for filing a complaint. My suggestion would be to use the headquarters Address in Ohio

Name: GE Money Bank
Phone: (800) 333-1071
Fax: (913) 676-4455
Address: 950 Forrer Blvd.
Kettering, OH 45420
Original Business Start Date: March 1999
Principal: Mr. Glenn Marino, President
Employees: 1200
TOB Classification: Credit Card Processing Service, Credit Cards & Plans
BBB Accreditation: This organization is a BBB Accredited business.

Here is a link that might be useful: File a complaint with BBB

o
GE Money Bank-anyone have a tel # for them?

GE Money Bank number is 1-866-239-4362.

o

GE Money Bank number is 1-866-239-4362.

o

I wonder how Lowe's get anyone a C/C !!! On 04/19/09 with over $75k OF OPEN CREDIT & a REAL credit score of 860(known from currently refinancing my home ). I got the same B/S that stared this thread 2 1/2 years ago!!!!!

o

ddddd

o

Ummm... FICO score only goes to 850.

Lowe's must know something you don't.

o

AM DISABLED AND BLIND AND INSOLVENT TO BOOT. HAD CREDIT COUNSELING AND RECEIVED A CERTIFICATE#. THOUGHT I WAS FILING FOR BANKR. BUT WHEN ATTY SAID COST $2000 AND WAS DENIED PRO-BONO, ALSO WAS TOLD BY ATTY AND C.P.A. THAT THEY COULDN'T MAKE ME PAY. OKAY, SO C.P.A. PREPARED PAPERWORK FOR CREDITORS TO STOP MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS, BUT.....WHERE DO I SEND THESE PAPERS WITHOUT GETTING THE SAME KIND OF RUN-AROUND YOU ALL SEEM TO BE HAVING? GE MONEY BANK AND PAYPAL BUYERS CREDIT SEEMS TO HAVE THEMSELVES WELL-INSULATED. I JUST WANT TO FILE THESE PAPERS WITH THE CORRECT LEGAL/FINANCIAL OFFICIALS AT THE RIGHT ADDRESS. ANYONE KNOWING OF A PARENT CORPORATE HQ ADDRESS FOR THE SOUTHEASTERN REGION OF THE USA, PLEASE, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS A.S.A.P. I CAN'T DEAL WITH READING LENGTHY FINANCIAL TOMES ANYMORE - SO PLEASE FORGIVE THESE ALL CAPS - I'M NOT SHOUTING AT ANYONE, BUT PROB. WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THESE CONSCIENCE-LESS CREDITORS WHO RAISE RATES ON LONG AND GOOD CUSTOMERS AND GRAB THEM BY THEIR SHORT HAIRS THANKS ONE AND ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND MANY BLESSINGS

o

I have never know any thing like this G.E.Money bank. My wife and I have a combined income of over $175.000 a year This bank sent me a letter after I applied for a Walmart card, saying that "we could not determine your ability to make minimum payments". Wow this after I have 2 other accounts with same Bank and never been late or missed a payment, and both my wife and I hve credit scores of over 750.

o

just received GE Money Bank letter about Rooms To Go (RTG) credit card. Thanks for the phone numbers- apparently GE Money Bank has a separate number for each card it holds. RTG # is 866-396-8254. if you don't enter any credit card or ssn on your keypad when the machine requests it, a live person will answer. the 866-239-4362 number IS NO LONGER FUNCTIONAL.

o

GE Money Bank is without question the WORST lending institution on the planet! I would not take out another loan with this company if they were the only bank in the world that would grant me a loan. Their customer service is non-existent. The only thing you can do is call and talk to some moron CSR that will tell you no more than what is already available via an automated system. Forget about try to talk to a supervisor, manager or God forbid their payoff department. These people are far to precious and important to talk to us little people, the sheep they gladly take money from. I paid off a loan and tried to speak with someone in that department to make sure the closing paperwork was sent to the right person/address. The best they would offer me is a fax number to fax my request to. When I faxed in my instructions - they say they never received it. How convenient. What ever you do avoid this GE company and all it's subsidiaries at all cost. They suck and should be put out of business.

o

I received a credit card pre-approved from JCPenney in the amount of $400.00 thru GE Money. I made a payment on the Internet it show paid. I made a payment to the store with my Debt Card. Now I get a letter stating because dishoner payments they are suspending my charging. They said to go ahead and make the payment left owing. When I called and spoke with Customer Service they said they couldn't do anything about it and gave me the El Paso address to write. Reading eithers comments I dont think I will have any luck. Toyota trust me to pay them $28,000.00.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here