Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Way to Convey Info to Military Son

Posted by scarab4life (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 11:10

A friend's husband died without a will recently and I want to avoid the chaos involved with that situation.

My son is in the U.S. Navy. What is the best way to convey testamentary info securely to him? This info will include my Last Will and Testament and instructions about my accounts, liabilities, and expenses including user names and passwords.

He has frequent ship duty but is able to receive info via emal and U.S. mail.

By the way, I am currently healthy and still working.

Thanks for the info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Way to Convey Info to Military Son

Keep the info at home and tell him where to find it. You might want to designate a third person to help with it all.

o
RE: Best Way to Convey Info to Military Son

When I die my assets will be transferred to my heir when she shows the bank and courthouse my death certificate. I do have a small will $50. for the contents of my home and anything I may buy before my death. She is not to use the will unless someone contests the contents. For instance if my sister shows up and wants my jewelry. No court or lawyers who have to be paid or passwords needed.

Explanation: My money is POD (payment on death) and the home is TOD transfer on death. If you do that you can surely email him the instructions. He can't get control of anything without the death certificate. My attorney was very pleased with the way I had it set up. All he had to do was the will.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here