Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best long distance plans

Posted by Dawn_in_Va (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 3, 04 at 10:20

Has anyone any experiensce with Qwest on-line long distance? Does anyone have any good leads on best long distance plans? We didn't use long distance for a long time and I got rid of it. Now I am using all my cell minutes and think I might be better off getting a cheap LD carrier. These on-line deals-are they indeed deals? TIA.
Dawn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best long distance plans

These companies have a lot of different rates for different areas, so picking the best one depends a lot on where you are. The best resource I've seen that compares different phone plans is Phonedog.com. You can search through all the different plans available from carriers in your state and see side-by-side comparisons of their rates. This site also exposes hidden fees and charges people usually forget to ask about. Qwest is on the list of plans they discuss, so you might want to check it out.

This site also is great for comparing cell phone plans and rates. I like it this site a lot; it's a good one to bookmark.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phonedog.com

o

Cowboyind,

Thank You, I did check them out. So many choices! I have never heard of most of them. So I guess I will just take my chances. Thanks again.
Dawn

o

We buy the cards from Sam's Club. .045 per min, no minimum or connection fees, like the cards you get from convenience stores, etc. You only have to buy one card, then refill it at your convenience, same price per minute.

o

We have ACCXX for all of our long distance. It's costing 3.9 cpm. We have used the Sam's Club AT&T card for years, but hubby tired of dialing #'s. Card was great when we had kids in college. Very happy with ACCXX, have had it for home phone for 1 year, now have it at cottage too. They put both phone #'s on one bill. I think last one was 400 minutes and $18 for the month. With SBC and AT&T our bills used to run $150 per month!
Kathy G in MI

o

Try Onesuite. It's 2.9 cents per minute in the U.S., 2.5 if you use a local number. Prepaid and does require pin numbers, but Onesuite has a feature that allows you both to bypass Pin entry and to enter your often-called numbers. Very easy to use. No taxes or fees - I canceled my long distance, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Onesuite

o

I "second the motion" for Onesuite! Best thing we ever did to save money on our phone bill.

o

I do the same thing Tina does. I always get my calling cards at Sams Club or Costco, as they have the cheapest LD cards around. We haven't had a long distance carrier in about five years.

o

Thanks for all the suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here