Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
myFICO.com confused

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 9:54

I ordered free credit reports. No scores on them, see here that they don't include a score anymore and you have to essentially pay to get it. myFICO.com
is suggested.
Go to myFICO.com
Lots of ads for credit cards, loans, buy a Suzi kit, sign up for a 50.00 notification of changes in credit report service, all sorts of scamy looking deals etc.
Maybe is too early or maybe I'm too impatient but I didn't see where I could get my dang credit score. What the heck?
Is this not the right website?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: myFICO.com confused

On the home page, go to "shop" and scroll down through the choices. You can buy a report and score from ONE of the big three companies by choosing the "FICO standard" or buy all three with "FICO deluxe".

There is usually a discount code floating on the web. Something like "myfico20" or similar to get 20% off final price. Can't hurt to try that code on the order form. Good luck!

o

Hey thanks!

o

Don't give your personal information and pay a third-party site when you can get your credit score directly from the three credit reporting agencies.

Experian
Equifax
TransUnion

Those companies also created and sponsor Annual Credit Report. You can request your score through that site too. I'd stay away from those other copycat sites that exist only to make a buck off of you and possibly misuse your personal information.

Federal Trade Commission consumer credit information

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here