Return to the Household Finances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Credit Report

Posted by james378 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 15, 06 at 8:49

Recently I pulled my credit and there is an account which doesn't belong to me I contacted the credit grantor and credit reporting agency to dispute the information and they have not provided me with any information regarding the account. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Credit Report

That happened to me once. I called the company (it was a credit card company) and they started an investigation for me right away. Turns out is was an invalid account number and not some kind of fraud. It took about a month before I received a formal letter from them resolving the issue. You only need to contact the credit reporting company once to notify them of a problem. If you don't hear from the credit grantor, keep pestering them until you do.

o
RE: Credit Report

My husband had trouble with his credit report because he is a junior-he and his father have the same name. LOL!!! He and his dad both wrote letters to the credit bureaus and it took about two months to get the records properly separated. They even thought dad and son were living at the same address-not true since DH left home at age 19 for the Air Force and never moved back home after that! All this was when we were in the process of buying a house,so it was very important. It is recommended you check your credit reports once a year for errors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Household Finances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here