SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auntnete_gw

unbelievable outcome

auntnete
14 years ago

I have to vent and maybe someone out there has some advice for us. When my DH took a job 2 years ago in Chicago, I followed him after a year from Georgia. We could not sell our house so we rented it. What a nightmare! We won a judgement against the former tenant. This man destroyed our home! He did not pay rent. He cut the wiring for the telephone out, cut the cord off the dryer, and flushed rags down the toilet to stop up the septic tank! That is just the beginning! As I have posted my DH is currently unemployed. We followed the law to the letter and garnished his checking account. Not only did we not get a penny he is now suing us! He is on disablity and is so not disabled. One problem we had was he was running a business from our home and our home insurance was going up because it was not used as a residence. The department of community development (business license dept) contacted us to file a judgement for unpaid taxes and operating a business without a license! We were in Chicago and had no idea. We took all these letters to court and he did not even have to provide a bank statment to prove his only income was disability! We lost that case and now he is suing US for wrongfully garnishing his 'disability'! To hire an attorney AGAIN is so out of our budget. Does anyone have any suggestions either for how to get our money in an instance like this and/or how to defend this? It is in magistrate court.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions