SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joycevallee

Earning an Income from Home

joycevallee
14 years ago

I would like to try some kind of home based business that would supplement my the meager one I have. I have had a cleaning and senior care business for about 5 years but the physical labour is starting to get to me. Almost all my clients are through the govt and it takes for bloody ever to get paid.

I am very crafty but so are many others. I love rock-hounding and making jewelry and other artistic creations. Since my house is fairly large I have quite a bit of room.

I was thinking of offering classes or forming some kind of club that up to 6 people could come to. I also have supplies to sell. The only thing is that I haven't got the foggiest clue of how to do it.

I can prepare the topics and projects, web site and all that stuff but how to set it up so people come on a somewhat regular basis.

Would I charge a fee each time or a set amount for each project? I imagine most projects to take at least 2 classes and some 3. Should the cost of the supplies would be added on or included in the price.? Any ideas of what kind of fee to charge for projects? I am in a small city so I can't demand big prices.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to anyone who replies.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions