SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy_gw

Certified Letter for 'Occupant.' Pick it up?

jakabedy
15 years ago

We got the slip in our mailbox today that we had to go to the post office and pick up a certified letter for "Occupant" at our address. We have to be present to sign for it -- can't just sign the form and leave it in the box. Who in the world would spend $5.00 to send a letter to someone whose name they do not know? And how will the post office even know if the right person picks it up?

We don't owe anyone any money except the mortgage company, and we are in good stead with them (always early, always pay extra toward principle). We don't have dogs that bark all night. I don't think we've ticked off any neighbors.

There has been some strife between our neighborhood and a quarry that backs up to us. Do you think the quarry has had to send something out to everyone? But wouldn't they just look at the property records (our county has them online) and get our names?

I suppose there could be some sort of snafu with escrow with payment of property taxes. But, geez, shouldn't the tax folks know our names? if so, why send it to "occupant?"

I just find the whole thing odd. What do you think?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions