SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
choufleur_gw

You Be the Judge

choufleur
18 years ago

I rent half my garage to a family. Recently, I had a new and stronger door installed and some of my renters' items had to be unstacked and moved to my side of the garage for the door installation. Fortunately, the installer helped me move the items because some of the items were very heavy.

I informed my renters they need to re-arrange their items so I can use my side of the garage. The renters claimed the items had been moved into the garage by professionals and my renters' health prevents them from re-arranging the items themselves. I offered to give them the phone number of a company that specializes in small moving jobs, but they preferred to try to get a relative to help them out.

It has been a week since I notified my renters of the situation and I really want to park my car in my portion of the garage and remove some of my items for pickup by a charity. After another week, if I this problem hasn't been resolved, I'm going to pay someone to take care of it and request reimbursement from the renters.

Am I being unreasonable for expecting the renters to be financially responsible for having their items re-arranged?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions