SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathie54_gw

phone co. chargiing for svcs not used - rant

cathie54
16 years ago

Just rec'd my phone bill couple days ago. (I don't have cell phone - so I guess it's what's called 'land-line'?) It's my home phone, and no "pkg deals" - just straight phone w/ no frills (no calls waiting, etc.)

As usual, I'm picking thru it to verify long distance charges - to be sure they are MINE! (Yes, I had numerous times been charged for phone calls that weren't mine over the years) So I pick thru carefully each month.

There was a charge for $2.00 for long distance. So, I'm sorting thru all SIX (6) pages to find itemized charges. Couldn't find ANY. Started over - seeking those long distance chgs...NONE. "Break time" - then I'll look again!

Looked again after taking a break. nothing. OK, now..."am I completely crazy?" (Well, we know I'm crazy - but...lol!)

THEN, I come across something called a "SHORTFALL CHARGE". I scanned it and thot - "did I just read what I thot I read? I'm getting chg'd for something I didn't use?"

I put the bill aside for another day.

Well - TODAY is that day! Below is that portion of my statement - on page 5 :

===============================

SUMMARY OF CHARGES FOR (ph provider name)LONG DISTANCE:

Other Charges and/or Credits.............$2.00

Taxes and Surcharges.....................$0.25

Total (ph Co name)Long Distance Charges..$2.25

===============================

MONTHLY MINIMUM SERVICE

For (my ph #)

1) Qualifying Long Distance Charges $.00

2) Shortfall Charge

Your Long Distance qualifying charges this month are $.00.

When your long distance charges are less than $2.00, the Shortfall charge is the difference between those charges and $2.00

All long distance charges except for taxes and surcharges are included.

TOTAL.........................................$2.25

--------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL (company name) LONG DISTANCE CHARGES.......$2.25

========================================================

So, since I didn't make any long distance calls thru this company, I'm being penalized? Charged for services I did not use? I'm actually surprised that I had NO long distance charges that service period. HOWEVER, I'm trying to SAVE money and get my CC's pd off.

So now...looks like I should probably CALL someone once a month (a timed call - lol!) whether I have someone to call or not....or, pay for services I didn't use! (PLUS, all the other taxes, fees, surcharges, etc, etc, that NOBODY can explain...on top of that $2.25.)

I'm really sick of these companies that get away with anything they want. I've been reading the threads about debit card charges and holding extra money (that does NOT belong to them). I've been fighting my cable TV provider for almost 3 years now for "services not rendered".

It's just insane!

OH! And no wonder 'they' say "the economy is doing great"!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
More Discussions