SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_sj

Buy sooner or later?

Alice_sj
20 years ago

My husband and I have been looking into buying a home. Our problems are that the house that we could currently afford are no larger than the apartment we are in right now and we need more space, and we'd be farther from work and school.

We were thinking that if we wait a year or two, we would have a larger down payment and possibly be able to afford the payments on a little larger home.

We live in a high rent/expensive home area. But I am fearful of us getting stuck in a house that is way too small for us for much longer than we want or that we'd end up not being able to sell the little house later on. I'm also thinking that a too small house with the typical problems will be a major frustration and end up costing us a lot more.

My questions are....

Would it be better.... to get into a home as soon as possible, even if it's no larger than this apartment? Wait and see if in a year or two we have better options?

Or wait until I am out of college and have a job? (This will be more than a few years, but I would be adding to the income, increasing the home we could afford, right?)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions